Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sabbatical, Day 17

This morning I dropped off my wife and 3-year-old son, Pauline and Mac, at the airport. They will visit both sets of parents in Montana, and will also help celebrate my maternal grandmother's 90th birthday. (Pauline had credit, in her name, with Alaska airlines for canceled tickets which needed to be used before the month's end.) That left our 11.5-month-old here with me for nearly a week. I will miss them, but am already enjoying this concentrated time with Trevan. I had similar time with Mac when he was about this age and Mom had an out of state conference and we had quite a bit of peaceful fun.

Today, we stopped at my church for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks. I had a short conversation with Jon and others and got a little tour of the progress on the renovation from Erv, our business manager. I truly miss these folks when I'm away.

We came home, had lunch and fell asleep on the futon. Comfy. Trevan isn't usually a cuddler. After dinner, we drove to the waterfront in Tacoma. I put Trevan in the jogging stroller and Katy on the leash. I've lost a lot of stamina! I used jog like this with Mac 2-3x's a week, and this evening I don't think I covered much more than half the distance ...and at a much slower rate. Ah well. On the way home, Katy--sitting in the front-passenger seat--had her big dog-grin. Her "'Bout time, Lazy-Butt!" was almost audible.

Talked with Pauline on the phone. Mac was apparently his usual entertaining self throughout the airport and flight. He is SOOO proud of his new "Diego" backpack/suitcase. It has wheels so he can choose to carry it or pull it. He made sure to show and tell it to the ticket agent, the security staff, the boarding agent, etc.

No comments: