Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sabbatical, Day 28

We are staying with some friends on the east coast. We went to the new Air Force Memorial in Arlington today, the one with the broad up-sweeping arches. Got some pretty nifty images that I may post in a few weeks after we return. Kind of cool how that hill lies alongside the Arlington cemetery and overlooks the mall, so you can see the Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, as well as the nearby Pentegon. In spite of the humidity, we've walked to the nearby playground a couple times. We're looking forward to worshiping at the National Cathedral this Sunday.

I'm brushing up on my Chaucer now, re-reading the Cantebury Tales. I can still recite the opening lines from my college days when we had to memorize them in the original English. It was actually a very fun class. I took it because I enjoyed Professor Lell so much for Shakespeare.

No comments: