Saturday, August 16, 2008

Paintings so far

I've been away from a computer for a couple of weeks, so have quite a bit of catching up to do. I will insert the images of my paintings (so far) here and where appropriate in previous blogs. All of these are from my week at the Grunewald Guild. Below, in the order painted: a coffee cup in the gray-scale, an image of a man, "Madame X" (a study of John Singer Sargent's original),Below is "starched shirt" (a study of a part of an original...also from Sargent, I think. I didn't actually know what I was painting at the time: our teacher suggested it would force us to paint what we saw, instead of what we thought it was), last is "Scotty" the groundskeeper and potter at Grunewald who posed for us...


Since then, I've been able to spend more time on each painting. At the guild, we really only had a couple hours on each. Most take a bit more time. I did a painting in Great Falls, MT from my mother's backyard, her goldfish pond with water features. She has that painting now, and when it's dry I'll ask her to scan and send the image to me.

I also started a painting at Emerald Lake in Montana while we were camped during our backpack trip. I will post that once I've had a chance to finish it.

No comments: