Friday, August 1, 2008

Sabbatical, Day 62

A group of have been meeting each morning for a short hike before breakfast. This morning (6AM) started out grey and overcast, but by the time we had our pre-walk coffee, the clouds broke open and as we overlooked the small valley, with a rainbow, lingering clouds and mist on mountainsides, the sun beaming down... thank you, God! Of course, this was the morning I left my camera in my room. Oh well, couldn't capture a moment like that except to treasure it.

I ventured off monochrome today using a pretty good imitation of John Singer Sargent's "Madame X" (click). (My imitation is from the shoulders up). It was pretty good until I started adding the color; ...should've left it in monochrome and started a new project. Oh, well, this is about learning. In the end, I wiped off the color, tried again, wiped it off again, and then tried to mend the monochrome.

No comments: